February: A Month of Love and Fun Around Bear Lake Reserve
February is a month for love and fun! We compiled links to activities around the area to help with ideas on ways to celebrate and have a blast all month long! Check them out.
- If you’re looking for some great things to do in the local area around Valentine’s Day, make sure to check out the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce website for some fun ideas. Here you can find everything from bands playing in the area, to restaurant suggestions, and tons of fun activities in between.
- What better way to treat the people you love than with an excellent Valentine’s Day meal at one of the areas award-winning restaurants.
- Don’t forget about the Cashiers/Highlands area! Check out some great suggestions for Valentine’s Day activities in Cashiers on the Romantic Asheville website.
- On Feb. 28th the Mardi Gras Dinner Fundraiser benefiting REACH of Macon County should be a BLAST! Tickets will include: Buffet dinner, champagne toast, beer, sangria, and live musc to name a few! Tickets can be purchased here
- Cherokee Heritage Day will take place on Feb 11th. The event will take place at The Museum of the Cherokee Indian with demonstrations of traditional Cherokee food preparation including hominy, making clay pots, and Cherokee dances that celebrate hunting wild game. Learn more about the day here.
- For those of you who want to venture a bit farther out and enjoy what Asheville has to offer, Romantic Asheville has 12 excellent suggestions here about things to do in the area for couples and families alike.
- Finally, Bear Lake Reserve has an awesome Valentines Day Special going on the weekends before and after Valentines day. Book a 2 night getaway in a luxury cabin with breakfast, dinner, and much more included.
With a list like this February is sure to be a fun one! Let us know if we missed any events or activities going on during the month of February.